Commercial Auto Insurance
Your vehicles are critical to the success of your business, so to successfully protect your business, it is important to have properly set-up commercial auto insurance.
There are a number of different options to consider, including whether fleet insurance or per vehicle policies are the best solution for your unique situation. We are here to help guide you through the different options available.
What is commercial use?
Your personal auto insurance will exclude coverage for commercial uses of your vehicle, which is why it is important to discuss your needs with us, so there is no chance of being uninsured in the case of an accident.
What can be done to lower the cost of commercial auto insurance?
The following strategies can generally help to lower the cost of your insurance coverage:
- Anti-theft and safety devices – items such as alarms, GPS tracking, and air bags can lower your premiums. Programs which require seat belt usage can also help reduce your costs.
- Deductibles – deductibles represent the portion of risk you are willing to absorb before the insurance company would pay on a claim. The higher the deductible, the lower your premiums will be.
- Driver records – by hiring only qualified drivers with safe driving records, you can significantly reduce your premiums.
- Location – determines premiums for the theft portion of your insurance coverage.
- Vehicles – the sportier the car, the higher the premium generally. By having 5-star safety-rated vehicles, you can significantly reduce your premiums.
Certain types of businesses are subject to federal and state regulations in the operation of their vehicles. It is important to fully understand those regulations, and we can help to ensure that you are in compliance. In addition, it is important to note if your company uses the equipment of third parties, such as leased or rental equipment; if so, you will need non-owned vehicle coverage. We are happy to help you ensure you are in compliance and have the appropriate level of coverages for your business.
We specialize in helping businesses with their insurance protection, including their vehicles. Contact us today for a no-obligation review.