Commercial Insurance

Inland Marine/Equipment Floater

If you are in a business which requires you to move your equipment from site to site, such as construction, you should consider an equipment floater as an addition to your standard insurance coverage. This type of protection is important because if your equipment is not at a single or specific location, your traditional property insurance policy does not provide coverage. Not only do equipment floaters cover the transit exposures, but they also cover thefts that may occur while equipment is being stored in a secure location.

Equipment typically included in a floater policy would be:

  • Bulldozers
  • Backhoes
  • Lawn Mowers
  • Landscape Installation Equipment
  • Photographic Equipment

Coverage can include:

  • Damage caused by others
  • Theft
  • Fire
  • Vandalism
  • Water Damage
  • Breakage

For equipment five years old or less, generally coverage pays for its repair or replacement. For older equipment, coverage usually pays for the cost of repair or replacement based on actual value.

Contact us for more information about this important protection for your business.