Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care insurance can help protect you as well as those you love in the event that extended health care is needed.
Long-term care insurance can provide funds to help cover:
- Daily activities such as bathing, eating, dressing
- Skilled nursing care or rehabilitation training either in a nursing facility or at home
- Cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s
A common misconception about long-term care expenses is that Medicare, Medicaid, or another health insurance will pay for long-term care costs. However:
- Medicare has eligibility requirements for skilled nursing care and only covers a limited time period.
- Medicaid is a welfare program and will not cover long-term health care costs for the average recipient.
- Health insurance and medical supplements do not cover nursing home care.
- Individuals and families often pay most long-term care costs through their savings, assets and cash.
We want to make the long-term care insurance evaluation process simple. Our agents are poised to help you understand the different options and provide you with choices from a number of different companies we represent.