Homeowners’ insurance provides coverage in the event of damage to your property, as well as liability for injuries and damage you cause to other people.
Homeowners’ insurance policies provide broad coverage for losses to your home, your personal belongings and detached structures on your property. It also provides protection in the event of an injury to people on your property. While homeowners’ insurance is comprehensive, there are some things it does not cover. This is why we take the time to get to know our clients and understand their needs, and then we can craft the ideal risk management program for them, which is based upon a comprehensive homeowners’ policy for most people.
Homeowners insurance highlights:
- Your home: your house should be insured for an amount based on the replacement cost value of your property. Replacement cost is what it would cost today to rebuild your house in the event of a loss based on current building codes. There is usualyy a deductible, which is thw amount you are responsible for before the policy starts to pay out.
- Personal property: policies automatically provide a separate amount to cover your personal belongings, but there is a deductible. We suggest that our clients create a home inventory so that it will make it much easier to document your loss in the event of a claim and therefore make the claims process much easier.
- Personal Liability: if you are legally responsible for an injury to a guest or for damage you cause to another person’s property, the personal liability section of your policy can provide important protection.
- Other structures: basic coverage is included for any detached structures on your property, which can include sheds, garages or fences. There are specific limits on the amount of coverage available for these types of structures depending on the amount of coverage for the home itself.
- Loss of use of home: if your home were to become uninhabitable, your policy can provide valuable benefits to help you with additional living expenses.
Contact us and one of our specialists will be happy to assist you. We take the time to understand your unique situation in order to provide you with an insurance program that meets your specific needs.